Friday, January 13, 2012

Raw Garlic Chutney

From my friend Rekha, who is from North Karnataka:

 
"This is my mother-in-law's recipe for healthy bones, especially for women:

 
Ingredients

 
  1. Garlic - 6 raw
  2. Onions - 6 small (shallots, sambar onions)
  3. Curry leaves - a bunch, fresh
  4. Tamrind pulp
  5. Red chilly powder - for this I roast dry red chillies at home and powder them in a mixer
  6. Jaggery
  7. Mustard seeds 2 tea spoons
  8. Jeera - 2 teaspoons
  9. Coriander seeds - 3 teaspoons
 
Procedure

 
  1. You need to fry all the ingredients except the garlic. (Onions, curry leaves, seeds)
  2. Grind all the fried ingredients.
  3. Now grind the raw garlic seperately and mix it with the ground paste.
  4. Add tamarind, jaggery, salt and red chilly powder as per your taste.
  5. Fill it in a bottle and keep it in the fridge.
  6. You can eat this  with chapatis, dosas and hot rice with little ghee.

 
This gives a lot of strength to the bones and helps reduce cholestrol
I have eaten this chutney though I hate raw garlic and believe me it has reduced my back ache to a large extent."

No comments:

Post a Comment