Very easy healthy soup, contains no artificial ingredients.
Serves 2 people
- Chicken pieces, preferably with a lot of bones in it, I used the leg pieces: 250 gms. If this is the main meal, then make it 500 gms and double all quantities.
- A big handful of sweet corn, or more, as you wish
- 6 – 7 big cloves of garlic (mildly crushed)
- A big piece of ginger (crushed)
- A few pepper corns coarsely crushed – you can always add more pepper later if you want
- Two tablespoons of cornflour, for thickening
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Some lemon juice/soya sauce
- Chopped coriander leaves/spring onions
- Boil the chicken pieces, corn, garlic, ginger, and pepper, with salt, and a lot of water (enough to submerge the chicken completely), in a pressure cooker. For 2 cups of soup, pour at least 3 cups of water. Keep for 4-5 whistles.
- When cool, shred the chicken pieces and throw away the bones and any big pieces of ginger.
- Dissolve two tablespoons of cornflour in some water. Add it to the soup and bring to a boil until the watery soup becomes slightly thick. Taste and add additional salt or crushed pepper as needed.
- When serving into the bowls, garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and a bit of lime juice, just half a spoon/a few drops. The original recipes I saw had spring onion and soya sauce instead, I did not have them. This came out really well anyways. :)